Thursday, June 11, 2009

New Art Journal

I started a new art journal in a proper sketchbook with nice thick paper. To break it in, I felt it was only proper to create a first page which said something about me, the author. I decided on some sort of of self-portrait but I didn't want it to be complicated. Inspired by my interest in palm reading, I created a zentangle work using repeated tracings of my hand to create overlapping spaces. I shift the angle of my hand and traced it probably nearly 20 times (which may have been a bit too much) to get lots of small spaces in which to doodle. I decided to leave the center hand empty so you could still make it out amid all the chaos.

This was fun and easy to do. It came out darker than I wanted with all the black sharpie doodling, so I plan on doing this again. If anyone else wants to give this a try, I would love to see your work! Post a link in the comments section!




1 comment:

  1. Wow that self portrait zentangle is amazing. I love the colours and the intricacies. Very inspiring.

    Nice to find your blog. I followed your link from willowing's ning.

    ReplyDelete